On January 19-20th 2017 in Sofia was held 1st steering meeting of Project Career Rocket : Respect, Opportunities, Choice, Knowledge, Equality and Training. Career ROCKET is a transnational project implemented by 5 NGOs from 4 EU countries: GERT (project leader) and GPF (Bulgaria); 4ELEMENTS (Greece); GTF ISG (Croatia) and AUR (Romania). Project will be 30 months long.
The project Career ROCKET aims to enhance the capacity of teachers and educators to mainstream gender in the entire school curricula and place gender at the core of citizenship education and also enhance the capacity of schools to provide career guidance free of gender stereotypes.
Target groups - among the main target groups and multipliers are the teachers, the officials from the Ministry of Education, school headmasters, students, parents, educators, career counselors, youth workers, activists of gender education and women organizations
- Analysis of school curricula and development of guides and training tools for teachers, educators and students.
- Trainings on GE for teachers, educators and students
- Career ROCKET festivals in schools
- Promote GE culture in schools
- National competitions for the label “School free of gender stereotypes”
- Final conference
- Enhanced capacity of teachers and educators to mainstream gender in the entire school curricula and place gender at the core of citizenship education.
- Increased awareness of pupils on gender stereotypes and traditional gender roles and their negative impact on personal and professional development.
- Increased capacity of schools to develop and implement school policies on gender equality sustained with mechanisms and activities in the annual school plans.
- Increased capacity of schools to present career choice without gender stereotypes to both girls and boys.
The project “Career ROCKET” contributes to the respect of the founding principles of human rights and the fundamental value of equality between women and men.